Now you will learn everything about the film, after which each of us dreamed of becoming a fool!
1. Everybody knows that “Forrest Gump “- a screen version of the same novel by Winston Grum, published in 1986. But much less well known is the fact that on the wave of success of the film Grum wrote the continuation of this book -” Forrest Gump and K ” (1995), about the adventures of Gump in the eighties, the book was not successful, the readers considered it too exhausted and confused, but for a long time there have been talks about its adaptation, moreover, it was announced that the nineties will be shown, and Forrest will even meet on The screen with Tom Hanks, as in the book! 8 amazing facts about the film “Forrest Gump” ”
2. Forrest is the main character of the film and in particular five novel – is the carrier of so-called savant syndrome, sometimes called a state of savantizmom. A rare, but really existing anomaly, when a mentally retarded person has glimpses of genius in some of the areas. Usually this is drawing, music, math or phenomenal memory. In articles and TV shows they like to remember, in particular, Stephen Wiltshire, a black British who was once organized flying over a helicopter over London, after which he drew from his memory a detailed and unmistakable panorama of the city. Later, he repeatedly repeated such a trick in Tokyo, and in New York, and in Hong Kong (see figure). The story also remembers an American named Kim Peak, a macrocephalus who memorized 98% of the information he read and became the prototype for the hero of the film “The Man of the Rain.”
3. Entertainment is a traditional entertainment for film-filmmakers – to imagine what the film could be like if the original plans of the studio were realized In the case of Forrest Gump “This means directing Terry Gilliam (he was the first candidate) or Barry Sonnenfeld (the second candidate who, by the way, had time to work on the project). Forrest was able to portray Bill Murray, Chevy Chase or John Travolta, who were the main contenders for the role until Sonnenfeld got hold of Tom Hanks, and Hanks just received an Oscar for the AIDS-dying gay in Philadelphia, so he was hot By the way, the actress Sally Field, who played Mrs. Gump, had more titles at that time than Hanks: two Oscars for the drama Norma Ray and Places in the Heart. In addition, she already faced Hanks in the movie “Raisin”, and in recent years plays Aunt May in “The New Spider-Man.”
4. With a production budget of $ 55 million, the cinema grossed a staggering 678 million at the box office! Nevertheless, the studio announced and provided relevant papers that the project Most likely, this is a typical machination for Hollywood sharks, when all the profits from the film the film company merges with the mysterious intermediaries in order not to pay Actors, scriptwriters and other contractors have interest from profits, and this is still the main reason for lawsuits, as in the acclaimed case of Peter Jackson and the actors of The Lord of the Rings, from which the film company stubbornly hid furious profits. “Forrest Gump” For many years he was among the highest grossing films in history, but at the moment he has already dropped out of them, as the film business has now changed beyond recognition, and even films that collect billions of dollars are not surprising in our time. Nevertheless, in special ratings compiled taking into account dollar inflation, Forrest today is on the 26th position, right after the Godfather.
5. The film turned out to be a long-liver also because it has the ability to open new details with each viewing. Did you notice that, as soon as on Screen for the first time appears Forrest at a new age, every time he makes his debut in a shirt with a blue cage, besides, he always buttoned his shirt on all the buttons, and after the death, Jenny began to leave the top And in all the photos Gump is always with his eyes closed, and it’s easy to see that John Lennon in the movie deals almost exclusively with quotes from the Imagine song. “And then, where did the bloopers go?” Attentive spectators discovered that when Forrest was at Jenny’s grave Says: “You died on Saturday,” he obviously is mistaken, because the date of death (March 22, 1982) is in our reality the most that neither is Monday
6. The shrimp business of Forrest after the film materialized in our world. Bubba Gump has evolved into a network of themed restaurants in 33 locations around the world, including the US, China, Japan, Britain and so on. The first of them earned in 1996 in California. Of course, the menu is dominated by shrimp dishes – shrimp there can be found in sandwiches, salads, snacks and soups. In alcoholic cocktails (we studied the menu on the official site) shrimp, it seems not, but we would just in case specify the waiter.
7. The invited star of the series “Santa Barbara” – actress Robin Wright during the work on the stage in the club showed genuine miracles of actor’s heroism, for it was shot Strangled with cold, and in general she caught a cold, but at the same time she continued to sing and play without interruption for 24 hours, that the episode was being shot! Given that the only element of clothing The guitar was very sad, but the actress was rewarded for her feats: she made a wonderful career and, among other things, became the main decoration of the series “House of cards.”
8. Unexpected death of Jenny in the film is almost not explained, and most viewers believe that it’s about AIDS. But after the release of the picture, Winston Grum in the sequel “Forrest Gump and To” mentions hepatitis C as the cause of that calamity. This has its own internal logic. Firstly, it is a disease characteristic of those who were addicted to drugs in the early seventies. And secondly, until 1989, hepatitis C was not diagnosed, because Jenny says that doctors can not understand what kind of virus she has picked up and how to treat it.