20 Amazing Facts You Most Likely Wouldn't Want To Learn
There are facts that will make you angry, there are some that will make you sad, and many more will gross you out. In the event that you can't deal with reality, leave this page now (just kidding!).
What you're going to find are facts not every person may want to know because the world is messed up. Just read the first few examples and you will instantly understand what we mean.
1. Eating live squid?!
Odori-don is a Japanese and Korean delicacy. Gross enough, It's actually live squid or octopus served on your plate. You eat it while it is still moving around!!!
2. Next time you flush with the seat up, know you send feces bacteria flying everywhere!
In the event that you leave the seat up while you flush the toilet, you're sending loose diarrhea-causing microbes 10 inches into the air. This is why you should never put your toothbrush close by, and always shut the lid.
3. Say goodbye to California's fish population.
California's water emergency has huge impacts. 82% of California's fish populaces are probably going to be headed to death and extinction as environmental change speeds the decay of their effectively depleted populations.
4. Babies grow a mustache eat it and poop it? Say what?!
Each unborn child grows a mustache in the womb, which at that point spreads to cover the whole body. The child at that point eats this fine hair and discharges it after birth in its first solid bowel movement.
5. Climate is going downhill from here.
Climate changes occur at a pace ten thousand times faster than evolution. We are going to leave the polar bears and penguins in a climate that is not suited to their evolved wintertime adapted bodies and they will end up dead very soon if nothing is going to change.
6. Your shoes or your toilet seat: Which one has more bacteria in it?
The base of your shoes contains a greater number of microscopic organisms than your toilet seat. This also means that when you walk around indoors with your shoes on, you smear germs all over your house. This makes me understand Japanese people better.
7. Soon there will be no more elephants in Africa.
In Africa, more elephants are being hunted and killed every year compared to the number of elephants born.
In less than 20 years, you will push their population to extinction.
8. 1 out of 2 animals that end up in an American animal shelter will die within few months.
Nearly 50% of all creatures that are in American shelter are euthanized because there is not enough people adopting, lack of donations and space to house them. That equivalents 80,000 cats and dogs every week. This is just heartbreaking.
9. How strong is the venom of Japanese giant hornet?
Let's begin with the fact that this giant hornet is very aggressive. You should fear it because…Well, first of all, they are the biggest type of wasp known in nature, furthermore, they have stingers that are more than 6 mm long. They use their huge stinger to inject a relatively large amount of venom into their poor victims, and the venom is powerful enough to actually dissolve human flesh!!!!
This type of venom attacks the nervous system and damages tissues. The venom is also known to destroy red blood cells, which can result in kidney failure and even death in many cases.
As if these facts are not scary enough, keep in mind that this was just one hornet, but they are usually moving in groups of 50. Yep, 50 monster insects that could melt your face off.
10. Student loans are only getting worse.
Just for comparison: While in Sweden students are actually getting paid (actual salary) for going to the university, in the United States the class of 2014 graduated with an average student loan debt of $33,000. Annoying, right?
11. Count to 5 - by this time Nike made over $3,000.
Yep, that is a lot. So how does it compare with how much a Nike factory worker makes in five seconds?
12. Every five seconds, a Vietnam Nike assembly line worker makes $0.00014.
13. How much oil is needed for making water bottles in the US of A? Well, A lot.
14. More than 30,000 Americans die from obesity related health problems every year.
15. While Americans kill themselves with overeating, how many starve around the world?
Sadly, out of eight people around the world, at least one of them is going to be unable to afford to buy food, and end up undernourished.
If the world united on this one, maybe 950 million people will not go to bed hungry.
16. 98% of the world's undernourished populations live in developing 3rd world countries.
17. The herpes virus holds amazing internal pressure inside it, over nine times the amount of a car tire, and when the virus explodes, it shoots it's DNA everywhere in the area.
The herpes virus is a biological suicide bomber, a microscopic terrorist.
18. In 100 years we managed to lose 97% of the population of wild tigers around the world.
For shame. In just a few years, the only tigers who will be living will live in a cage inside a zoo.
19. The world has just about 60 years left of usable topsoil.
As insane as it sounds, if nothing will change in order to keep the topsoil clean, in 60 years there is a high chance it will become unusable.
20. After sex, a few men are known to encounter momentarily sentiments of misery and regret. This is called post-coital tristesse (PCT) and can last somewhere in the range of five minutes to two hours sometime later.
This High School Student Was Told To Cover Herself Up So "Going Bra-less" Protest Started In Her School
This Little 5 Year Old Kid Had Horns Added Under His Skin To Cover Up His Birthmark And It's Not What You Think